From 1 January 2016 Australia commenced new work and holiday arrangements with the Slovak Republic and Slovenia. These arrangements will allow up to 200 young adults from the Slovak Republic and up to 200 young adults from Slovenia each year to enjoy an extended holiday of up to 12 months in Australia, during which time they can undertake short term work and study.
To be eligible for a Work & Holiday visa Slovak and Slovenian nationals would need to meet the following requirements:
- hold a valid passport from either the Slovak Republic or Slovenia;
- are at least 18 but have not turned 31 years of age at the time an application is lodged;
- will not be with a dependent child while in Australia;
- have a letter of support from their home government;
- have enough money to support themselves during initial period of holiday (approximately EUR3300);
- have not previously entered Australia on a Working Holiday or Work & Holiday visa;
- hold tertiary qualifications or have successfully completed at least two years of undergraduate university study;
- have functional English;
- meet character and health requirements; and
- are intending to Australia as a genuine visitor.
Eligible Slovak and Slovenian nationals must submit a Work & Holiday visa application in person through the Australian Embassy in Berlin.
Eligible Slovak and Slovenia nationals interested in applying for a Work & Holiday visa to Australia would be recommended to take steps as soon as possible to book an appointment. It is expected available places under these arrangements for the current financial year will be filled quickly. Similar arrangements with Spain and Poland were closed within months due to high numbers of applicants. Further information on how Slovak and Slovenia nationals can apply for a Work & Holiday visa can be obtained through the Australian Embassy in Berlin .
Corby Wallace is able to provide advice and assistance to eligible Slovak and Slovenian nationals interested in applying under the new Work & Holiday arrangements. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details on how we may be able to assist you.